Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MY DADDY!

Hello Everyone!

I would like to first thank everyone for your love and support during this difficult time. I feel a true sense of peace listening to and hearing all of the stories that have been shared about my father. This exchange has helped my family cope with this incredible loss.

Secondly I would like to let everyone know that I am working on all of the details for the Celebration of Family and Life for my Daddy! I will be sending out an email to a few of you, in hopes that you can assist me in getting the word out to the Frisbee Family. Here is a brief overview of the email that will be sent:

Dave Griffin’s Celebration of Family and Life will be held at St. Timothy’s Methodist Church in Mandeville, LA on Saturday, January 17th 2009 at 11:00am. For those arriving early or for individuals that would like to share thoughts or stories about Daddy, there will be a Pre-service at 10:30am so that you can be given the necessary information about the agenda and ceremony. There will also be a reception and lunch to follow the service. If you need hotel accommodations, we have reserved a block of rooms at The Holiday Inn in Covington, LA. Please mention that you are attending Dave Griffin’s Memorial Service for the discounted rate of $109 per night. The final day to secure this rate is Sunday January 11th. I am also making arrangements at another hotel so that information will be coming soon.

Thanks again, and I will be in touch will all of you soon with other updates. I am looking forward to seeing you in the next week. Your presence and support is truly appreciated.


St. Timothy’s Methodist Church
335 Asbury Drive
Mandeville, LA 70471
985-626-3307

Holiday Inn Suites
501 North Hwy 190
Covington, LA 70433
985-893-3580

2 comments:

  1. Losing someone that has been a part of the sport that long is always hard, and losing them to cancer is even harder. I did not know this man but from reading the post here and on the blog he was fun loving man who lived life to the fullest. I have lost 2 very good friends of mine recently and know what kind of pain that this is to deal with. I know that having something such as disc golf to have something to take your mind somewhere or just having something to remind you of him is a very blessed thing. My heart goes out to all of his friends and family and I hope that your healing process goes smoothly, trust in your family, trust in your friends, and by all means trust in God. He will always be with you every time you release a piece of plastic whether good or bad.


    Keep em in the air!

    Jack Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met "Big Daddy" Dave Griffin at Virginia States many years ago. I have his mini that he gave to me during one of our many talks.I have it in my pocket right now. He was my Brother in Frisbee and I am sorry that I never told him,that I Loved him. You are finally home my Brother. Set up the field and when I get there we will throw high, far, and long. You can grade me on my Tee Bird freestyle and make me laugh. When I get there, you can say "welcome Home" to me. I will celebrate you at this years tournament. Peace be with you until we meet again. Your Brother in Frisbee, Donnie Brooks

    ReplyDelete