Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mike Randolph and Aspen

My favorite memory was on top of Aspen Mountain.
Hole 12 is about 400' across the mountain, with a severe drop to the left. I believe the run is a black diamond... Experts only. Well, Big Daddy being the expert he was musta thought that looked good, 'cause his drive hyzered early... And waaaayyyy down the hill.
He could have taken the old unplayable lie and re-teed, but that wouldn't do.
I have no idea how long it took him to hike down the 800' or so to his disc, and bomb it back up the mountain 'till finally holing out, but I do know he "conquered" the mountain that day!

Hi gamesmanship and spirit live on in the hearts of his children, but we'll have to wait awhile to play some disc with him again. I'm sure he'll be ready...

Michael Randolph,

No comments:

Post a Comment